Bleach RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach RPG Forum

Where Soul Society Comes Alive!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkside

Darkside

Male

Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Empty
PostSubject: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 1:41 pm

While I was waiting for the game to move along, I thought I might as well check out a new anime. My friend recommended Code Geass to me. I've watched a few episodes, and now I'm hooked. Any fans of Death Note will love this. Plot twists and dramatic tension abound.

If you want to watch it online, it can be found here. It was released in the US also, but I'm sure they'll screw up the voice-acting, just like they do with every anime, so I'm sticking with the Japanese episodes subbed in English.

Code Geass Prelude/Exposition wrote:
In the year 2010 of the Common Era, the Holy Empire of Britannia invaded Japan. The small island nation had no chance against Britannia, which was the world's last remaining superpower. Despite its lack of natural resources, the nation of Japan had adopted a stance of nationalistic isolation.

In order to take the mainland, the Britannian forces mobilized the first of the Knightmare Frames; a new kind of humanoid powered armor. Their abilities exceeded expectations, and the Japanese defenses fell one after another before the might of Project Knightmare.

Japan became a territory of the Empire and was stripped of its freedom, rights, even its name. Area 11. That designation was the new game given to the defeated Japan.

I'm going to ask that this thread have one rule: No Spoilers! Unlike most anime, spoilers for Code Geass are actual spoilers, they ruin stuff. Of course, we can work around this to actually discuss the episodes themselves.
Back to top Go down
SaintSmythe
Captain-Commander, 1st Division
SaintSmythe

Male Weapon : Banhammer of Doom

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 2:36 pm

I've been totally wanting to watch Code Geass, but there's an awful lot of it, and it's confusing. Is this the first series?
Back to top Go down
Darkside

Darkside

Male

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 2:39 pm

Yeah. I don't know anything about the second series yet. This is the first one.
Back to top Go down
Drache

Drache

Female

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008, 9:01 pm

What amuses the hell out of me is that Clamp did the character designs. That's about all I can say as I haven't seen more than a few episodes of this. I've been meaning to watch it, but it just hasn't happened.
Back to top Go down
SaintSmythe
SaintSmythe

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug 2008, 12:55 am

Oh sweet Mary and Joseph fuck the last episode of Code Geass.

Random Smythe
(starts desperately downloading Season 2)
Back to top Go down
Darkside

Darkside

Male

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeSun 31 Aug 2008, 8:16 am

You could also watch it streaming online. The ones in that link are the Eclipse subbed versions.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion

Oblivion

Male Weapon : Rope and an Unspeakable Name

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeTue 02 Sep 2008, 5:48 pm

Heard about it... never much looked into it. Might have to change that. Thanks for the link Dark.
Back to top Go down
SaintSmythe
SaintSmythe

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed 03 Sep 2008, 9:31 pm

Is there either:

1. Another site where I can stream this that doesn't have a bajillion ads that slow my browser down so much that the stream becomes unwatchable?

or

2. A way to block the bajillion ads on the site Darkside listed?
Back to top Go down
Darkside

Darkside

Male

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeThu 04 Sep 2008, 3:08 pm

Ah, well in that case, you could always go directly to Imeem instead of watching embedded videos. This person has all of the R2 episodes uploaded. He/she uploads a number of other shows as well, so the easiest way to find the R2 episodes would be to sort by title. The first episodes appear on page 4 if you do that.

Hopefully that won't slow down your browser so much.
Back to top Go down
SaintSmythe
SaintSmythe

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitimeWed 10 Sep 2008, 1:03 am

This show is pure bloody awesome. I've watched all the ones that have already been fansubbed, and I'm up to R2 Episode 22.

Spoiler:

I think this series' main strength is in its HOSHIT factor. Cool and unexpected things keep happening, and there's loads of unexpected twists that never seem (too) contrived or retconned. Well... except for maybe the part about...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion   Code Geass:  Lelouch of the Rebellion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach RPG Forum :: Welcome to the Bleach Role-Playing Game :: Rukongai-
Jump to: