Bleach RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach RPG Forum

Where Soul Society Comes Alive!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game 1 - Feedback thread

Go down 
+4
Chojiro Sasakibe
Renji Abarai
Orihime Inoue
General Yamamoto
8 posters
AuthorMessage
General Yamamoto
Captain-Commander, 1st Division
General Yamamoto

Weapon : Ryuujin Jakka

Stats:
HP:
Game 1 - Feedback thread Left_bar_bleue2790/2790Game 1 - Feedback thread Empty_bar_bleue  (2790/2790)

Game 1 - Feedback thread Empty
PostSubject: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeMon 12 May 2008, 11:46 pm

Alright, well, things went surprisingly well, considering that this game had never been tried before. Also, considering that, like, half our players ended up quitting. Also, considering that the Bount all went insane and basically killed each other, but such is the life of a role-player!

So... questions! Comments! Suggestions! Loved it? Hated it? Want more? Waste of time? I wanna know what y'all thought, and what y'all think I should do for Bleach 2.

afro

Last edited by General Yamamoto on Tue 20 May 2008, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bleachrpg.bbactif.com
Orihime Inoue

Orihime Inoue

Female Weapon : Shunshunrikka

Stats:
HP:
Game 1 - Feedback thread Left_bar_bleue82/82Game 1 - Feedback thread Empty_bar_bleue  (82/82)

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 12:17 am

I really liked it a lot. Honestly, I thought a lot of the non posters were biding their time for a strike as a Bount character. They just didn't want to give them selves away. I really enjoyed the game, even if I felt pretty stupid for not fully understanding the mechanics of posting. I feel I will be more prepared for the next round I hope. I enjoyed the story line as well. It had clever plot ideas and interesting turns of events. I was really greatful to eventually be able to see everything as it unfolded. I couldn't see the Seireitei section, but having some portions of the game hidden made it exciting. I think the once a day update system also worked out really well. I knew when to post and when to look for something happening.

I suppose the only real compliant I have is not one about the game mechanics. I want to get to know board members as people and not just their characters. That though is the thing about having an RP only board. I would post more in the Ryukongai section, but I never know what to say. Still though, it was fun playing with all of you. I'm really impressed with many of your acting abilities and cadence. Some of you were so dead on, it just made me smile.

Thanks for a great game Smyth and crew. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Renji Abarai
Lieutenant, 6th Division
Renji Abarai

Male Weapon : Zabimaru

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 1:47 pm

Well, i liked it, specially the way the story was handled, it was very good in my oppinion, however, i think the overall RP was unbalanced, we were far too many shinigamis and then ryoka united against 4 bounts, two which were killed by a third rogue bount, meaning we only had the chance to defeat one single foe in the whole arc, my point with this is, while it was good storyline-wise, i think it lacked any real challenge, and action too, that would be my main complaint.

Also, i thought the "RUN" system ruined good part of the fights, but i think this has been fixed so i won't complain about it anymore, other than this, i think this was a job well done, specially for a first try, keep them coming smythe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chojiro Sasakibe
Lieutenant, 1st Division
Chojiro Sasakibe

Male Weapon : Gonryoumaru

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 2:16 pm

I myself enjoyed the game a hell of a lot. Even though certain commitments kept me from participating much at the start, I'm glad that I finally got a chance to show my face a little more later on.
I was kind of disappointed that the Bount were beaten so easily, and also that so many people (myself included) didn't seem to post that much at all. However, I absolutely loved how into character some people got, and the interplay between certain people was just perfect. ^_^

I definitely want more, and I'm resolving to be a lot more active next chapter, and also to be involved in more of the 'behind the scenes' activities. The players themselves seemed to handle things pretty well, so I didn't need to 'assist' that much, aside from a couple of very small suggestions.

Overall, I'd like to play the game again, and hopefully we can even develop a small community here. I'd most definitely like to become better acquainted with some of the players here, and I think it'd be great for us to all 'geek out' together.
Back to top Go down
Ichigo Kurosaki
Substitute Soul Reaper
Ichigo Kurosaki

Weapon : Zangetsu

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 3:17 pm

I really enjoyed the game, and I thought that the game mechanics were innovative. I've never really played a game in this style before, but it was exceptionally fun nonetheless. I'm really looking forward to the introduction of Kidou in the next game; I think it will make things more complex and interesting.

The other thing that bothered me was the inactivity of certain people, especially when they declared that they were simply giving up. I thought that the purpose of the sign-up thread in this forum was to weed out the people who weren't willing to put forth the effort to play from those who would put forth the effort. I understand that some people had time constraints, but the people who had ample time to play and were unwilling to are the ones who irritated me.

I very much enjoyed working with my teammates, and I would be quite happy if a similar system was implemented in the second game. Also, Koga/Gin was on my side from almost the beginning, and I sort of got lucky with the people I chose to be allies with, so I'm not sure if I'm in the best position to assess aspects of the game other than the mechanics used in Combat.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke Urahara
Former Captain, 12th Division
Kisuke Urahara

Weapon : Benihime

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 4:01 pm

I like this game system. I like it a lot. The pace is ideal, to my way of thinking, for a forum-based game.

I did have a discussion with Smythe about Damage vs. Crits, which is a detail that I think could stand to be refined a bit. I very much approve of the Temporary Stats as well as the 3d6 convention. For major rolls, though, I prefer percentile to d20. It makes it easier to roll down for extraordinary failure and up for extraordinary success.

I am not in favor of revealing character roles. You wanna hobnob with fellow players, do it OOC. As a character, you should deal only with other characters. This solves many of the problems that always come up around 3AM in a tabletop RPG, when so-and-so yells at such-and-such "You ALWAYS do that!" This way, the character and the player are disconnected in the public mind and there is less finger-pointing all around.

I also very much enjoyed playing as this character. I could hardly have hoped to be assigned a better fit for my personality. I definitely felt that I knew the character, which made staying in character very easy. I would have had much more trouble with some of the other characters.

Also: the fucking Bount got away? GAAAAAAH!
Back to top Go down
Hanatarou Yamada
7th Seat, 4th Division
Hanatarou Yamada

Male Weapon : Hisagomaru

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008, 7:23 pm

I think this was a great game. You were very good with the updates and things were mostly originally balanced, though it didn't end that way with people's actions. I do wish more people had participated, but then there would've been even more easy with one larger group attacking one person. I will say I indeed enjoyed it and it made me want to learn about my character and Bleach even though I had never seen the show or anything. I can't wait for the next game.
Back to top Go down
Shuhei Hisagi
Lieutenant, 9th Division
Shuhei Hisagi

Male Weapon : Murasakimaru

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitimeWed 14 May 2008, 11:06 pm

I thought it was a blast; I just hated the fact that I lost the ability to get online for a while and when I came back the game was over *headdesk* But otherwise it was a thrill all the way through and I'm eagerly looking forward to Round Two.... as soon as I can get my concept finalized and shipped up to Smythe for review.

I agree with Urahara about keeping OOC identity out of IC communications... it doesn't make sense to me to let interactions be affected by the knowledge of who's behind the controls. Hey Smythe, one way we could help with this is to remove the IP Map from the "Who's Online" page... can you do that? I think it would help a bit though if we did post in the OOC section more often... Orihime has a point there, we're still divided as "People from the LD forum" and "People from the DD forum" and really one side doesn't know the other much at all and vice versa, I'd like to see that change.

I'm also gonna agree with Urahara also that I think I got a good character choice for me. It took me a few days to get into the swing of playing Shuhei (I have PMs from Byakuya from those early days asking me if I'm gonna ever do anything to prove it >_>) but once I did I think I did a pretty decent job and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm only hoping my next character can be equally fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 - Feedback thread   Game 1 - Feedback thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game 1 - Feedback thread
Page 1 of 1